Wednesday, December 10, 2008

Failure = Acceptance = Preseverance = Effort = Success

What an odd title for a blog. Or so it may seem at a first glance. Allow me to explain. My life has been a roller coaster ride. I am sure many of you out there can share this fact with me. In the past every time the roller coaster hits a low point I would sink with it, and every time it goes up high I surge with the high emotions that come with it. This caused lots of emotional instability, mood swings, depression, and stress and hair loss even! But, then came a point in my life when I decided, you know what no matter what I do, what will happen will happen, because life is about experiences. There is no good or bad experience, it just is an experience. You either learn and grow or follow the tides. The important thing is that you did all you could. And remain the same. It's hard, believe me, I know this. But if we can maintain the same level headedness in all situations, life becomes way more bearable. Let me share a case in point of something that happened just last week.

Other than being a NLP based trainer, I also run my own film and TV production company and recently I produced my own cook show, for up to 2 episodes. Being a big believer in making things happen and having made big things happen various times in my life before, I got my friend who is a celebrity (it was his idea, a good one) to host the show, and to cut a long story short we headed down to the office of the network that would be interested in our show. From the moment we sat and explained the concept of the show, the person in charge slammed down our ideas. I was thinking could it be discrimination? But at that point I decided to put my own judgments aside and we got the person in charge to view the video. She barely scrubbed through and started making preposterous comments on the quality of the show and saying some things that were basically, discrimination. My friend was quite disheartened and I tried my best to put on a brave front and we came back home disappointed. Then bam, the very next day I got sick, the disappointment got to me subconsciously. I discovered at that point I was riding the roller coaster, whether I liked it or not. That’s nature. But within 48 hours I bounced back, I read materials on hope, watched interviews on people who eventually made it big and meditated.

And I believe everything happens for a reason and is an opportunity in disguise. So what opportunity does this hold? I think and strongly believe that this is an opportunity for me to prove that I can do something beyond and bigger with my TV show. I am more than ever determined to get the show on air, through another network perhaps, but I will make it happen. This incident has just given me the opportunity to practice and prove that perseverance works.

Now the reason for this blog goes beyond my personal story. I wanted to share this story because the world is facing a major catastrophe. Or is it facing a major healing? Every time you fall sick, when it’s over you wake up stronger and clearer minded. Why? Because the body regenerates. So what is happening to world now, is just an opportunity for you to show loyalty, tenacity and above all perseverance. Stay the course, do minimal damage control on your spending, educate yourself more and stay FOCUSED!

No comments: