Sunday, June 7, 2009

Mistakes, So What . It's Human

We all make mistakes.


You do it.


I do it.


Everyone does it.


So why is it such a big deal? A mistake is a big deal when we don't know it is one. But as soon as we realize it, hey, then learn the lesson and move on.

As people we make mistakes in many facets of our daily life. I would like to share a recent mistake that I did. This involves a more personal view point, but I will omit details and names, so you, my fellow readers (if there are any, at all! HAHAH!) Can focus to the point at hand and not the juicy gossip!

Well, I recently got involved with a new romantic interest in my life. Now, I never in a million years would have thought that this particular entanglement would happen to me, because I am a no conflict kind of person. I am the guy who will ignore the hottest girl at the club, simply because I know there are 20 other odd guys hitting on that person. She doesn't need another guy, telling her how beautiful she is. So all my life I have avoided situations like this, and have always opted for a drama free relationship. Now I believe that life hands you various lessons. And the more you have to tell the world, life will throw you more opportunities for you to learn. If you don't learn, it will keep throwing you the same thing over and over again, until you learn from your mistake kinda like that movie Groundhog Day (Watch it!).

Now anyway, I got into this whirlwind romance and it was just that, a whirlwind. I was happy, I was sad, I was miserable. All the things you would equate with being in love. Then I realized, much later. I was not in love, well not entirely.

You see, I have a problem. All this while I have never been myself entirely in a relationship, because, I was afraid of that side of me, the soft emo guy side. So I always had this control of my softer side. But this time around I was vulnerable on many other aspects, and that side of me was fully out and released. The only thing was that, it came out in the open with the wrong person.

Now I could be bitter and build a wall around my emotions again, but if I do that, this whirlwind will keep happening over and over again. Over the weeks I began to realize many new things about myself, facts that was new, facts that were long forgotten. I was reborn again and again. It hurt every time it happened, but I learned. And the more I learned the better it felt.
I am much more in tuned with my emotions now, I may not be entirely comfortable with it, but am learning and dealing with it.

What I learned from my experience is this. We all make mistakes. But hey like a friend of mine said, that's why pencils are made with rubbers on the back. People make mistakes and we know they will make mistakes. So erase it and start with a clean slate, but don't do the same mistake twice because as far as superstitions go, what happens once will never happen again, whatever happens twice will most definitely happen for the 3rd time.

So as a rule of thumb,

this is what you should do,

if you don’t want to keep hitting the same pot hole in your life.


1. Take a pencil (make sure there is an eraser at the back) and a piece of paper


2.Write down what made you do this particular mistake


3.Take note of how honest you were with yourself in answering this, there is no greater judge

other than yourself.


4. Write down what did you learn from this experience


5. Write the outcome as a rule in your life of what not to do


6.Enforce the rule!


7. Update the rule if needed.


That's it.


Life is pretty simple as long as you know how to deal with it.


"Nothing is by coincidence,

there is a purpose for everything

that happens in life."

No comments: